Dear USA Girl Scouts Overseas (USAGSO) family,
So many of you have reached out to ask how you could help our sister Girl Guides, their families, and others impacted by the war in Ukraine.
We are pleased to share that GSUSA has lifted fundraising restrictions through the end of September 2022, enabling Girl Scouts to raise money in support of these individuals.
Here are some ways girls can offer their support:
- CARE – Ukraine Crisis Fund—collecting funds to send immediate aid—food, water, hygiene kits, and services; prioritizes support for women, girls, and the elderly
- Doctors without Borders—supporting with medical help and supplies
- International Rescue Committee—global humanitarian aid and relief organization that supports refugees around the world
- Save the Children – Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund—international humanitarian organization that is focused on improving the lives of children around the world in addition to providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts
- United Help Ukraine—Maryland-based volunteer organization that funds first aid kits, humanitarian relief, and emergency medical care
- Voices of Children—Ukrainian organization supporting children with psycho-social support
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts’ (WAGGGS) Emergency Relief Appeal—an emergency appeal fund to support WAGGGS Member Organizations involved in the crisis around Ukraine and to provide other humanitarian support in response to this emergency
Additionally, please keep in mind the resources we previously shared for members and their families to help navigate this situation:
Girl Scouts Raising Awesome Girls—When Violence on the News Shakes her World - This content includes links to resources from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, including Talking to Children About Mass Violence and Talking to Children About War (PDF).
Thank you, as always, for your hard work in this, and everything you
Yours in Girl Scouting,
The USAGSO Team