To help our volunteers and members continue on their Girl Scout Leadership Experience, USAGSO has developed the following programs or are sharing already existing platforms with you.
- Connect with Girl Scouts around the world through the brand-new Girl Scouts at Home opportunity.
- Our Global Facilitators put together this great resource with ideas on how to "do" Girl Scouts virtually-- since this is a working document, they will continue to add ideas to the list. This document includes a number of resources to help our members. Please note, USAGSO does not officially endorse any non-Girl Scout platform.
- Take advantage of virtual Community Patch Programs developed by other USAGSO communities!
- A great resource for parents and troop leaders is: Keep Girl Scouts Going.
- Meeting ideas/platforms – we do not have any official platform recommendations, but do hear that people have had success with Google Hangout and Zoom (both have free versions). For addtional help, check out our Virtual Meeting Handbook.
- If you are working 1:1 with your Girl Scout, we have a Juliette Guidebook that can give you some additional ideas.
- The Volunteer Toolkit is a great resource where you can find meeting plans developed by your daughter's Troop Leader. Here is a link to the VTK Guidebook to help you get started.
- If you are a volunteer-- please join our Volunteer Facebook page to connect with fellow USAGSO volunteers.
- Use the resources on our Raising Awesome Girls site to talk with girls who may have questions or concerns about coronavirus.
- If you have questions on how to use community or troop funds during a shutdown, please read this reference document for all of the dos and donts.