About G.I.R.L. 2020:
For three days, girls will dominate Orlando, Florida—and we want you to be there! On October 23–25, 2020, thousands of girls and their supporters from around the world will come together for G.I.R.L. 2020 in Orlando, Florida.
Hosted by Girl Scouts of the USA, the mega event will provide attendees with unforgettable experiences as they gain inspiration, tools to empower themselves, and the know-how to lead change in their communities—connecting with some of the most influential women in the world along the way. So awesome!
About USAGSO Travel Grants:
USAGSO will select up to 20 pairs (40 travelers total) from Overseas Committees throughout the world to receive at least $500.00 per person ($1,000.00 per pair) to offset the cost of travel to/from Orlando, Florida for G.I.R.L. 2020. In order to apply, pairs must:
- Consist of one Girl Scout age 14 – 18 at the time of travel and one adult volunteer.
- Be currently registered members of USAGSO for the 2020 membership year and plan to renew their membership with USAGSO for the 2021 membership year.
- Both travelers should expect to remain overseas until at least 30 April 2021.
- Complete the online application form no later than March 21, 2020. (Selections and funding levels will be announced by the following week in March.). Please Note: Once you open the application form, you cannot save your work and will, therefore, need to complete the application in one sitting. If you would like to review the application before starting, please download the application preview.
If selected, travelers must:
- Acknowledge their selection and complete the commitment form no later than 30 March.
- Register for G.I.R.L. 2020 and secure all travel/lodging accommodations on their own.
Forward USAGSO confirmation of G.I.R.L. 2020 registration and/or travel receipts to receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses.
- Attend 4 mandatory webinars – 2 prior to the event and 2 post event.
- Commit to attend the entire G.I.R.L. 2020 event from 23 – 25 October including all USAGSO-specific sessions scheduled. If for any reason you are unable to attend, the full grant must be returned to USAGSO.
- Commit to planning and executing a project within 12-months of G.I.R.L. 2020, designed to share your experiences and knowledge gained from the event with at least 10 other USAGSO members. You will be partnered with a USAGSO staff member to help manage this project.
- Commit to live by the Girl Scout Promise and Law at all times before, during, and after G.I.R.L. 2020, as well as follow all rules and procedures in Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints.