To help our volunteers and members continue on their Girl Scout Leadership Experience, USAGSO has developed the following programs or are sharing already existing platforms with you.
- Connect with Girl Scouts around the world through the brand-new Girl Scouts at Home opportunity.
- Our Global Facilitators put together this great resource with ideas on to "do" Girl Scouts virtually-- since this is a working document, they will continue to add ideas to the list. This document includes a number of resources to help our members. Please note, USAGSO does not officially endorse any non-Girl Scout platform.
- Take advantage of virtual Community Patch Programs developed by other USAGSO communities!
- We have challenges you and your Girl Scout can do together-- and she can earn a patch.
- A great resource for parents and troop leaders is: Keep Girl Scouts Going.
- Hold virtual meeting ideas/platforms – we do not have any official platform recommendations, but do hear that people have had success with Google Hangout and Zoom (both have free versions).
- If you now are working 1:1 with your Girl Scout, we do have a Juliette Guidebook that can give you some additional ideas.
- The Volunteer Toolkit is a great resource as you are able to follow meeting plans developed by your daughter's Troop Leader. Here is a link to the VTK Guidebook to help you get started.
- If you are a volunteer-- please join our Volunteer Facebook page to connect with fellow USAGSO volunteers.
- Use the resources on our Raising Awesome Girls site with girls who may have questions or concerns about coronavirus.
- If you have questions on how to use community or troop funds during a shutdown, please read this reference document for all of the dos and donts.