For three days, Go Getters, Innovators, Risk Takers, and Leaders (G.I.R.L) will dominate Orlando, Florida—and we want you to be there! From October 23-25, 2020, thousands of girls and their supporters from around the world will come together for G.I.R.L. 2020.
As part of G.I.R.L. 2020, the Council of Advisors Development Committee for USA Girl Scouts Overseas (USAGSO) is so excited to announce the 2020 Call for National Delegates to represent us at the National Council Session.
The 2020 National Council Session/55th Convention in Orlando, Florida, promises to honor our cherished traditions and, at the same time, propel the Movement forward for girls and young women. Through your work as our delegate, you will have the important responsibility:
- To share the unique experience of an overseas member;
- To provide ideas on how to reinvigorate our membership;
- To deepen our commitment to the Girl Scout Movement; and
- To celebrate our successes!
If you are interested in this exciting and important work, are a registered member of USAGSO**, and are at least 14 years of age, then please apply to be our National Delegate! Rolling applications close on November 15, 2019.
USAGSO is entitled to bring 7 delegates to G.I.R.L. 2020. For our delegates, USAGSO will cover the registration fee for G.I.R.L. 2020, your hotel room and meals during convention, and your flight to Orlando. To learn more about the process and access the application, click on the links below!
G.I.R.L. 2020 will be an unforgettable experience! Hosted by Girl Scouts of the USA, the mega event will provide attendees with amazing experiences as they gain inspiration, tools to empower themselves, and the know-how to lead change in their communities—connecting with some of the most influential women in the world along the way. So awesome! To learn more about G.I.R.L. 2020, click here.
**Delegate Requirements**, per GSUSA:
- The delegate must be a United States citizen(this is based on our Congressional Charter).
- The delegate must be a registered member of the Movement.
- The delegate must be 14 years of age or older at the time of election.
- The delegate must be available to attend the National Council Session (October 21 –23, 2020) in Orlando, FL.
- The delegate must commit to participating in delegate training sessions offered by the council.
- The delegate must commit to a three-(3) year tenure as a delegate.
- The delegate must commit to participating in National Council Session follow-up activities.